Pages - Menu

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I am grateful for the transformation I see in others and myself as we each make Christ the center of our lives.


K...I'm like already crying just thinking about how miraculous this week has been! The temple on Wednesday....speechless...we sat in the temple, and AS SOON as the temple video started playing I just cried...and cried...there is absolutely nothing like the literal house of the Lord. I feel so close to my Father in Heaven, and Savior Jesus Christ when I am there, and I am so grateful for that piece of Heaven here on earth!  This week i have gained a stronger testimony than ever, that GOD LIVES! JESUS CHRIST LIVES! I feel like i say this over and over, but it is just becoming more and more real each time! I love this gospel, and in the end, it is what will save us when we stand before our maker! 

Yesterday us missionaries helped out in Sharing time for primary, and just before we walked in the sweet, humble, and innocent children were singing "If the Savior stood beside me"...gosh, that song is just beautiful, and especially when it's coming from little children! But i was sweetly reminded that each action, thought and word, needs to be pure enough to do/say in front of the Savior, because He truly is standing beside us every second of the day!!! Along with that, his brothers and sisters (that he gave his life for) are right beside us as well, so I have made a stronger commitment, to treat them (ALL OF THEM) how the Savior word, in both deed and thought. "inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
 
Ok, now for the humbling experience I have been so excited to share with you! So if you remember last week, me telling you about the Iranian couple, Parvonay (wife) and Karim (husband) ,probably in their 30's, who said they had prayed for help from God, and the next day we knocked on their door...Well this week we were able to teach them twice, and they came to watch a baptism some other missionaries had....Oh.my.goodness! amazing! So before I explain the last lesson we had with them, I want to tell you about another Iranian, who is a recent convert, his name is Ben and he is in his late 20's.  Ben is pretty much converting all of the Iranians here in Western Australia...no joke! Like everyone around here knows about him. He has become us missionaries best friend when it comes to teaching the Iranians because he is able to help translate. And the cool part is, is he recognizes that his ability to translate  is from God, considering he only came here 6 months ago, and so has just recently learned English. He has the most sincere testimony, especially on the Book of Mormon, but also is sooo REAL, hilarious, and is definitely one of Heavenly Father's elect sons! Ok...so Ben helped us out with the lesson this week and it.was.unreal!!!! We were teaching the Restoration to Karim and Parvonay at the chapel, with our sweet recent convert Brian present in the lesson, haha love him more and more each week! The spirit was just so incredibly thick! When reciting Joseph Smith's first vision, Sister Kanee and I did not slow down for translation because we just figured, would let them FEEL the spirit.. As soon as we finished we waited for Ben to start translating...and he just sat there and then finally said, "I don't want to talk...it feels to nice" haha. Just as he started explaining it to him, they began to talk instead and told him that they were feeling SOMETHING good, happy, and special!!!  Well, Karim then continued to talk to Ben in Farsee...and kept talking....and talking...and pointing to me as well...?...and talking... and I started getting a little nervous thinking maybe he had a concern...Well, Ben then translated back to us that they ,Karim and Parvonay,  knew that what we had shared was true! And that this IS the true church! And that ever since they had come to our church they have felt that this is what they and their family need, and that this is what God needs them to do! Ben then shared an experience that Karim had just 3 months back, while in Iran. He had had a dream...and Sister Ensign was in his dream:) He saw me and knew that I had something he and his family needed......As he shared this with me I couldn't help but just cry! God truly has prepared his children, and placed me...in this area, for specific people. Working with them I have also learned even more of the importance of teaching by the spirit. When they come to church, and when we teach simple lessons (without Ben), they can understand very little, but always express how they feel so "good" inside when we do! The Lord truly is in the work, and is preparing his children ,from all parts of the world to enter his kingdom, by receiving the restored gospel into their lives! Parvonay and Karim will most likely be baptised on the 26th, so please continue to keep them in your prayers!
 
 
Another miracle, we have been working SO HARD with a less active named Marc ever since I've come here to Australia (6 months), and yesterday....He has been progressing soooo much this whole time, by reading and praying daily, studying his patriarchal blessing, and preparing to go to them temple (spiritually) and constantly surrounding himself with good members, but had not come to church...it was so killer! Well yesterday we saw a beautiful miracle when we saw MARC AT CHURCH!!!! I just wanted to cry and cry, and I can't even imagine how happy it made our Heavenly Father! Well after church while eating, we get a call from Marc and this is what he said! "Hey sisters, I just wanted to thank you for being so persistent in getting me back to church! Today was really good, and I really enjoyed it and it just feels good to be back!". Sister Kanee and I just were speechless, hearing those words meant to world to me and I was so thankful that God helped him break through that last barrier, I have no doubt he will be able to enter the temple, and receive his endowments in no time! How great is our God for working mighty miracles within the hearts of his children! We have been working a lot with less actives and it's just the sweetest thing to see them back in the chapel, renewing their covenants with Heavenly Father.
 
Yesterday in fast and testimony meeting, Malad (11 yr) and Blessing (12 yr) [recent converts] bore the most beautiful testimonies! I seriously am blown away with them, and the whole ward was as well. Malad bore testimony on the power of the Book of Mormon, and how much it has helped them.  Blessing talked about how after going to so many different churches growing up, she is so glad that she has finally found the one an only true one. She loves that our church actually teaches more about Jesus Christ ,where many of the other ones didn't do that so much. She sweetly shared her conversion story, and mentioned on how the night she met us missionaries at her family party , she noticed a glow about us missionaries and knew that we had something she needed!
 
I'm so grateful for the people God has allowed my companions and I to work with here in Wanneroo, and my life has been forever changed  by them. I am grateful for the transformation I see in others and myself, as we each make Christ the center of our lives. I love changing, and love it, because it is evidence of the reality of the atonement. I love you, each one of you. I mean that, ok?!  ok! xoxoxooxoxoxoox
 
Love,
Sister Diondra Ensign
 
p.s.
mother- this week while reading in the new testament...i came across the best scripture! Go look it up, it's Genesis 31:49. Background for this scripture, this is when Lavan is upset with Jacob because he has secretly left (because the Lord commanded him to) with Laban's daughter's (his wife's), which made Laban mad. So they make a covenant of peace and this verse is what they say in/after the covenant of peace. I hope it makes you smile just like it did for me:) love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment