Pages - Menu

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

then I remember so sweetly that the Lord will not give us anything that we cannot handle.............

This has been an incredible week! I have learned more about my Savior Jesus Christ and how i HAVE to be more like him! Christ has always showed us so perfectly  in his example of how we should be. as he walked, and saw other sitting down, struggling...he bent down (got on their level) patiently listened, showed compassion and love so perfectly!!! This is what each of us need to do...slow down, and take the time to HELP AND LOVE others...and don't do this for the eyes of the world to see, but for the eyes of our Heavenly Father. I've realized that the pure love of Christ is the most important thing...as the apostle Peter says, "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves; for charity shall cover the multitude of sins" (1peter 4:8) As we become more like Christ and have the love that he does too, we will be changed for the better, happier, and we will rescue others around us! Ahhh this Christmas season is the best, may we all strive to be more like Christ now and everyday! xoxoxo

My companion and I have seen some of the most unreal miracles! Haha, many times we are at such a loss for words because of the sacred nature of the miracles that occur, that all we can do is pray...Heavenly Father has prepared the hearts of the children in this area, and is not slowing down. at times I think, "Heavenly Father, you keep giving us more and more of your children to help...how can we have time for all of them?" and then I remember so sweetly that the Lord will not give us anything that we cannot handle...I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father, and my Savior Jesus Christ. Before heading home last night, my companion and I felt we needed to stop at a less actives house (which is an amazing story within itself...I can't even put into words how special this lesson was..my companion, the mother, and I were all in tears...all I can say is that the atonement is REAL, and there is nothing that it does not cover!!!) but while waiting at the door for her, my companion and i stood outside...looked up into the sky and as we looked into it and the beautiful stars we both got major goose bumps as we talked about our all powerful God...he is in complete control of EVERYTHING, yet he is SO aware of every little detail in our lives...this brings me so much peace and comfort! He is real...too often we get comfortable with the phrase that  "God and Christ live"...but this is real...they are our kings and just has Mormon says in chapter 8 of the Book of Mormon, they day will come when each of us will have a perfect knowledge of this as we fall at their feet. The members are the reason this work is incredible...without them, none of our investigators would be progressing! We've gained such a great relationship with the bishop and the members that it's just all too good to be true right now! And all of this is because of our heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who have ALL POWER!!! I've just been so humbled this week...there have been so many times that we are just speechless...like literally...it's insane!


tender mercies:
-Aresh committed to be baptized!!! (son of Akram/Iranian family we have been working so hard with)
-Yashar had his heart completely softened (thank you for your prayers) and was sooo excited to be baptized! He came out of the water and just glowed like no one else I've even seen before!
-Kaleb and Teneesha were baptised and Justin and Stacey (their parents) told us that they will follow their kids example and be baptised very soon! (they first need to be married, but they are soooo close;)) Also on Sunday in sacrament meeting, Justin's mom gave Justin and Stacey her and her deceased husband's wedding rings!!! ahhhhh it's really good happen! This family is going to be forever!
-Sam (who is preparing for baptism in 2 weeks) is soooo strong! She is already telling all the members her conversion story and how she has come to know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. She is doing missionary work, and even sticking up for the Mormon church. We have had some incredible and powerful lessons with her and my favorite one was yesterday when we taught about the law of tithing. when we asked if she would live it she said, "well God has been blessing me soooo much for the things I've been doing so far, so sure I'll do whatever he asks!"...ummmm ok....Thank you Heavenly Father!
 
Wish I had time for more, but I have to go! xoxox love you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment