Pages - Menu

Sunday, May 19, 2013

I was reminded of how much the Lord truly loves his daughters.

This week was amazing to say the least! Satan took his toll on my companion and I last week, and really tried our faith, (and of course he did this week as well), but the miracles we have seen, and the investigators we picked up are...words cannot even describe them...but lets just say that the Lord has been way too good to my companion and I!


Two days ago, we were walking down the street, and 2 young men were walking on the other side and had a cigarette in one hand, and a beer in the other.  I felt the spirit tell me to go talk to them, so we began to walk towards them. After talking with them for a short while, I testified to them, of the power of the atonement, and that it IS possible to be clean from sin- they expressed their deep desires to feel of this! As we talked more with them, they told me companion and I how they have been wanting to quit smoking and drinking and in my head I'm thinking, "no way...this is just too 'golden'" haha.  They invited us to come back a short hour later, and so we met with them and shared the first lesson on the restoration of the gospel.  When we asked them what the thought and felt about what we had shared with them, they said..."words can't really describe it..., but good".  The spirit was burning so strong in that lesson, and they one of them was able to pray to God for the first time 7 years! In his sweet prayer, he asked God if the Book of Mormon was true, and asked to find out what his purpose here on earth is! Both Adam and LIam (the 19 and 17 year old young men) are desirous to learn more, and i can't help but feel so happy to know that all of their questions and concerns can be answered through the spirit, as sister parsons and i teach them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

I have come to gain even a stronger testimony, that it is VITAL for us as missionaries, to TALK WITH EVERYONE! Regardless of what their circumstances are like, everyone has the desire within them (some deeper than others) to learn more about Jesus Christ! The spirit has also confirmed to me even more, that talking with everyone leads to new investigators, which means more people entering the waters of baptism, and heading in the right direction back home to God!

I know that this is the  true church! Satan really worked on me this week, specifically the day that my companion and I fasted; my testimony was tried, but again Heavenly Father stepped in and took me under his wings! He helped my testimony grow even MORE and reassured me of the truthfullness of the Gospel and the Book Of Mormon.  I am so grateful for this opportunity i have as a missionary, to study the Book of Mormon in a manner that i have never done before. It has already made such a difference in my own testimony, as well as in the work!
 
This week, sister Parsons and I went to check on one of our investigators Kathleen (yes- i think of grandma every time i say her name;)). She is a 13 year old girl from New Zealand and is just the sweetest/coolest girl ever! When we got to her house, she had been hanging out with her cousin who is also 13 yr. old from New Zealand as well.  We followed up on her to see if she had read the Plan of Salvation pamphlet we had given her and if she had prayed... ummm ok...her answer was amazing haha, she was like, "ya! We just read it together and prayed!" like all excited, and inside I'm just like...no way?!?!?! like freaking out haha.  Long story short they invited us to come in and "talk more about Jesus":)  She took us upstairs and out onto the balcony, where we sat on a queen sized mattress:) I caught the most beautiful glimpse, and one i will never forget, while spending time with them! I looked out, and first realized how beautiful my surroundings were the sunsets here are dreamy and it was just gorgeous, and then i looked at these 2 beautiful young girls sitting across from two sister missionaries;) God helped me see how badly he wants his precious children back, and reminded me of HOW MUCH HE LOVES HIS DAUGHTERS!  By the end they had their other 11 yr. old girl cousin join us, so i was privileged to see 3 beautiful girls soak in what we were telling them about God and Jesus Christ adn their love for them! I wish you could have seen the looks on their faces, they were so desirous to learn more and it was one i will never forget! God loves all his children, but there is just something special about the young ones..i have such a deep desire to help Heavenly Father bring these sweet girls, back into his fold! We meet with them every Friday, and I am so excited for them! We are also teaching their cousin who is a big 21 year old! He is sooo cool too:) But that means we are teaching 4 people in one home...can you say "FAMILIES!!!!" families are what is most important!
 
I love being a missionary and honestly would not prefer to be anywhere else right now! the work has been miraculous this week! 11 new investigators! God is being so gracious!!!
Things are great over here in Wanneroo! Hard, but great!

Love you all,

Sister Diondra Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment