Pages - Menu

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The happiness that has filled my heart

Sooooo ok.....this week...unbelievable! 4 PEOPLE COMMITTED TO BAPTISM FOR THE 22ND OF JUNE!!!! I can't even put into words right now, the happiness that has filled my heart! This week was really hard in a lot of ways, but I was also able to experience some of my happiest/most memorable times as well... #lifeofamissionary! (ya i'm still kinda cool enough to use hashtags ha)
 
 
So I just want to share one amazing experience i had this week with you guys! So last Sunday night, we got 3 new AWESOME African investigators! Bobkie (19 yr), Malad (10 yr) , and Blessing (11yr) (brothers, and Blessing is their cousin).  Well this week we met with them and the first appointment we had with them was sooo special! We went into the house to teach the lesson and we taught the powerful message of the restoration.  The spirit was just like BURNING in the lesson and the 3 investigators seemed to just eat this up, you could tell through their eyes, that their spirit just longed to hear more.  Well the time came when we asked them to pray to know if what we had taught them was true, but since it was a little noisy inside, i asked if maybe we could go outside just for a couple of minutes.  Out us 2 missionaries and 3 investigators went, and we knelt in the dark, underneath the stars, right outside their home in the back yard.  Bobkie offered a sincere and heart felt prayer, asking God if the Book of Mormon was true! (Ahhh I'm just dying inside thinking about it haha) but once he was finished, and we all talked about what we were feeling, they undeniably said that they knew it was true! Bobkie's words afterwards, "I know God is looking down upon us right now" and it was so true! Being outside, right underneath  the stars helped me feel it even more! The message of the restoration is powerful, and it does and will continue to reach the hearts of men, and burn within their souls! We then invited them to be baptized...Bobkie, said yes...Blessing, said yes...and Malad asked, "WHERE DO I GO IF I'M READY TO GET BAPTIZED RIGHT NOW?!?", that's when the spirit had just burst within me, and I couldn't help but just cry into my hands...These children KNOW that baptism is what God wants them to do, and they are willing to follow Jesus Christ's example.  i will never forget the amount of faith each of them have, I  truly look up to them so much, and have already established such a deep love for them!
 
Oh and their parents said they could get baptized;)....ahhh I'm dying!
 
The other sweet girl who committed to baptism is a 11 yr old girl from Taiwan, and she is just as amazing as the 3 above! For her baptismal invitation...before we could even finish inviting her (in the one sentence, "Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?) she had already said, "YES!" haha.  She is just so amazing and such a great example to me as well!
 
I wish i could really go in depth about all our lessons, and investigators so you could see how much God's hand is in our work right now, but the time again is short!
 
Just know that I appreciate all your prayers so much  and they are definitely being answered, for our benefit! I want you to know that I am so happy right now, and God lifts me so much, especially on days when I need it most! I love you all and wish you the best for this next coming week! "God be with you till we meet again" (-boy singing from the mtc  ha-ha)
 
I Love You,
 
Sister Diondra Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment