Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

....my knowledge of this has SAVED ME!

Wow...How grateful I have for the gift of the Holy Ghost; for a teacher, comforter, and guide 24/7! This week we had a great stake conference where I left with the spirit having taught me many things, but one in particular ( I even had to write it really big on my page) "YOU NEED TO BAPTIZE!" (we only have one baptism coming up...and that is so not ok, I need to help Heavenly Father WAY more here in Wembley!) So that night I fell asleep thinking about it and how I need to help these friends experience real conversion and how many things will influence it, but worshipping Jesus Christ on Sundays especially! Well the next morning in preparation for stake conference we went and rounded up all our investigators, and while just pulling out of the last one...I caught a glimpse of this man walking down the street, so i told me companion, "Sis, he has GOT to come to church today, COME ON!". So we pulled over the car, put on the hazards, and began to talk to this man. Well 40 minutes later, he was sitting in the chapel with us:) When the meeting finished he asked about the differences between all the churches...we invited him to sit outside the temple with us for a 20 minute discussion...(because the temple is next to our stake chapel) we sat on the temple grounds with our friend Brother Karatiana (member) with us, and this lovely 32 yr. old man,  ABRAHAM! Just after we prayed to begin this lesson he said, "hold on, I want to tell you something that I didn't realize this morning until after you guys walked away!...Last night I woke up at 1am from a dream, and in my dream there were two people who approached my about God"............(.ummmm ok)............. He told us that he knows things happen for a reason and that he met us for a reason, we couldn't agree more! haha :) We taught him the powerful message of the restoration in which he was SO EXCITED to pray about (even though he said he already felt really good about it!) and he especially loved that we invited him to pray and ASK GOD if it was true; whereas all the other churches he has been to have just tried to convince him that their way is the right way...I also am grateful that no one has to believe our words, but that they can ask our Heavenly Father themselves and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE promising the sincere seeker, that they WILL get an answer THAT VERY DAY, if they read and pray sincerely!
 
"Or what man is there of you who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him?" (3 Nephi 14:9-11) Our Heavenly Father truly is waiting anxiously to reveal answers to us on questions we have as well as concerns deep within our hearts! Abraham is preparing to be baptized on April 19th, and is just so excited! I love him, but even more, I know that our Heavenly Father loves him, and is so happy with him! I'm grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that helps us know how to ACT in this work, because it is the ONLY reason we are led to miracles! What a gracious God we have:)
 
I wish i had more time to tell you about miracles this week...but I'm out! This week was a great learning experience for me though, the Lord humbled me (thank goodness, I need a lot more humbling!)  and brought me to my knees where I had such special experiences that strengthened my testimony so much! I definitely know that "we receive no witness until after the trial of your faith" (ether 12:6). I love tough times because they make the sweet times, so much sweeter! I love this work and I love feeling the Lord strengthen me! My love for our Savior has grown so much this week, his sacrifice for us literally allows Him to understand "pains, afflictions and temptations of every kind", so that "he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities" (Alma 7:11-12)..My knowledge of this has SAVED ME! He lives, He is THE way, and His example is the perfect one each of us need to follow! Study his life (new testament is great, we're reading that as a mission now), it has begun to change me and I know it will only do the same for you! love you guys so much!
 
love,
Sister Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment