Pages - Menu

Monday, June 9, 2014

I want to be a missionary FOREVER!

Jesus Christ  is MY Savior and Redeemer! Through his atonement he has made of me what I couldn't have become on my own! This is HIS work and I was able to rededicate myself to HIM this week! Being a full time representative of Jesus Christ is the most sacred and wonderful gift Heavenly Father has given me, I feel so grateful to be out here! This week I was able to feel of the reality of the atonement through repentance as I have been striving to cleanse myself outwardly and inside! As I studied Enos' experience in depth, my soul hungered just as Enos' did...for the cleansing to take place within my heart through the Holy Ghost! And I HAVE felt just what he did,  an increased "desire for the welfare of my brethren, the AUSSIE-ITES".  So many times this week, as I have been striving harder and harder to cleanse myself , I have felt the atonement work within me, and I am often brought to tears in gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father who is so patient and merciful with me! Feeling clean daily is something I strive for, and I have noticed that when I am stripped from anything that is not of this work then the work is so much better, because it's the Lords way! So many sacred experiences this week and I have felt the spirit so much- I love this work so much!
 
My companion and I got a mini missionary for the week and she is with us until Wednesday- Sister Tata is wonderful and we have been able to all be apart of some really sacred experiences, especially as we have taught the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is something i will never deny nor doubt the slightest bit- Joseph Smith really did see God the father, and His Son Jesus Christ, and my life has been forever changed because of it! As my companions and I have done our best to take the 'Sacred Grove' to those we are teaching, by relying on the spirit to do the main work, hearts of investigators, members, and us missionaries have been changed! I love the members who are so keen right now to do the Lords work with us and it's because of them that we are seeing the changes we are, in those we are teaching! The spirit is the most important thing to have with us! As I spoke in sacrament yesterday on the Holy Ghost I was sweetly reminded of this gift, it being one of the greatest gifts we have been given, and the importance of us living worthy of it! I invite you guys to consider what you can add or eliminate from your life to have the spirit with your more abundantly in your life! With the spirit in our heart as we are worthy, we are on the straight and narrow which is something we can't afford to fall away from! I know that as we kneel and pray, and ask Heavenly Father what we can do to have the spirit with us more, THEN OPEN THE SCIRPTURES that Heavenly Father will show us ways to grow, be cleansed and improve! I have seen and felt it and I know the Lord loves us so he will help us change:) As the scripture teach us, they day truly will come when "we shall have a perfect knowledge of all our guilt, and our uncleanness, and our nakedness, and the righteous shall have a perfect knowledge of their enjoyment and their righteousness being clothed with purity" (2 Nephi 9:14) and that by asking Heavenly Father what we can do to change (and to have the spirit with us more), that we will be ready to meet God! If we are not moving forward we are moving backward! Now is the time to not just be good and do whats required...but aim to be like JESUS CHRIST and constantly strive to be better!  Now is the time to prepare to meet God;)
 
Wow! The fast we are doing as a zone is remarkable! Our zone has almost doubled our goals set and it is literally MIRACULOUS the things that are happening! The other night we said a prayer of gratitude with the Zone leaders over the phone in just utter amazement for what is happening! The Lord is being so gracious to us right now, and it's just a great privilege to witness what we are seeing in the zone! The Lord definitely has HIS hand in this work, and is making of it what HE needs!
 
I am honestly just at a loss for words at the feelings I have right now! I just...I am so...grateful to be here- I want to be a missionary FOREVER!
 
Love always and forever,
Sister Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment